Be not afraid of greatness

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

Monday, January 28, 2008

Vigan: A Long Road Trip

I was off to Vigan City last Jan. 22 to 25 to present my research study in a national forum hosted by the REDTI* and UNP**, and what a trip that was!



For starters, it has been the longest road trip of my life (totalling 10 straight hours from Manila to Vigan) considering I am a frequent traveller. I have no qualms of being on the road but what was off of it which bothered me a lot.

The trip served its purpose, an enlightenment perhaps, or even an analogy of life itself. Every trip has beginning and an eventual end, with full throttles and momentary stop-overs, awesome scenery and gloomy ones.

In the end, these contrasting views seem to balance themselves out and it is understanding this basic truth which still aludes most of us.

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live." - Dorothy Thompson



*REDTI - Research Educational Development and Training Institute

** UNP - University of Northern Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind!